Monday, May 13, 2019

First Few Days in London

Happy Monday!

Sorry I have not been posting these last few days; it's been a whirlwind with trying to get into the country, getting settled and figuring out the tube. It's been amazing though! Our rooms are cozy and equipped with enough gear that I'm already making breakfast and lunch at home.
But that's not the fun stuff :D

Yesterday (May 12th) we went on an awesome bus tour looking at Central London and Westminster. We say Buckingham Palace, changing of the guard, St. James Palace, London Bridge, and I don't even know how many other historic places. The parks and trees are gorgeous here, especially over by the royal grounds.

Somehow Texas has still followed us over the the U.K. and we visited the place where the Republic of Texas positioned their legation in the 1800s.

We got to see The Globe! Both the replica (where we will be taking classes), and the original area that burned down and now has apartments. We didn't get the full tour of the Globe yesterday because we have our first classes and introduction session later today (May 13th).

There is so much history and excitement happening and I am in the middle of it all. Hopefully I'll get a little bit better about posting on here frequently. I'm so excited and love the opportunity to share what's happening.


Much love,
Kami (and Beck who is featured in this picture)

(This project was made possible, in part, with support form the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts' Endowment Fund)

No comments:

Post a Comment